travelnews: Airline Policy

IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING AIRLINES NEW "USE IT OR LOSE IT" POLICIES.

In an effort to assist you department in avoiding unnecessary costs,
please be sure to communicate to your travelers the new rules that many
airlines have recently instituted with regard to non-refundable tickets
and to impress upon them the importance of adhering to these new policies.
There have been some instances when travelers did not make changes in the
appointed timeframe, resulting in the loss of the total value of the
ticket.  Most airlines now require that changes be made by midnight of the
original travel date.  Our 3 contract agencies are trying to be as
diligent as possible in making sure everyone is notified of these changes.
It is now more important than ever that the traveler and or the travel
coordinators carefully examine travel documents immediately upon receipt
and advise the travel agency within 24 hours of any discrepancies.
Travelers may not be getting notified of these new rules if they are
purchasing tickets outside of our contract agencies.  City pair fare
tickets are not subject to these new rules as they are fully refundable.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html