travelnews: Portland Hotel

I am pleased to announce that the Paramount Hotel in Portland is now honoring our lodging per diem rate for the University of Oregon.  They have the rate adjusted in their system so anyone can now call the hotel directly at 503-223-9900 and ask for the University of Oregon rate ($111.00 plus tax). In addition, they will be happy to work with individual departments on setting up direct billing arrangements if need be.  The contact information is---

Kara Swadley

Sales Manager Paramount Hotel

808 SW Taylor Street

Portland, Or 97205

503.276.1763 Direct

503.276.1774 Fax

The following is a bit of information about the hotel:

The Paramount Hotel is located in the heart of Portland’s cultural district amidst the famous Park Blocks where a twice weekly farmer’s market flourishes throughout the summer months. From our private balconies, guests overlook Director Park, the city’s newest park. We are surrounded by performing arts centers, museums, many of Portland’s most reputable restaurants, the streetcar, and we are just a quick walk or free MAX ride to the White Stag building, 1 mile away. Whether looking out at the surrounding cityscape, the water, or the hills, the view is incredible from all 15 floors. The windows even open to let fresh air in ~ a treat in the summer months! Our spacious rooms, complimentary wireless internet and concierge services, mini-refrigerators, and room service will ensure that guests feel right at home! We have an excellent restaurant on-site: The Dragonfish Asian Café that serves all three meals as well as twice-daily happy hour!  Please see our website for more hotel details and photos: www.portlandparamount.com. The Paramount Hotel truly is as personable as Portland!

We are really looking forward to welcoming U of O guests to our hotel!

Carolyn Wooley

University of Oregon

Travel Manager

541-346-3158 phone