Thursday, January 03, 2008

(24x7)*8 Days in a university library

From the Chronicle of Higher Education's Wired Campus blog. Be sure to read the reader comments that follow -- they're all over the map.

December 20, 2007

Who Needs a Dorm During Finals? Everything a Student Needs Is in the Library

Some students practically live in the library during finals week, but Grant Gilles, a sophomore at Brown University, literally did.

From December 12 until yesterday, Mr. Gilles never left the university’s science library, which is open 24-7 during weekends and the week of final exams. He stepped back into the daylight just in time to take his first exam.

“The library was really conducive to living,” Mr. Gilles said in an interview today. “I had my computer, so I could listen to music, I could do work, and I could use the Internet. And I watched TV online, which killed a lot of time.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home